Are you looking for a great activity to do with your students?
H2O for Life and "Walk for Water"
If possible, schedule your walk between
March 22- World Water Day, and April 22- Earth Day and Global Youth Service Day.
A Walk for Water is easy to organize and an effective way to raise local community awareness about the global water crisis while raising funds to support a school in a developing country that deperately needs water.
How Can You Get Involved?
- Engage Participants! Enlist participation from your classroom, school, group of friends, church, family- get the theme? Any group can organize and participate in a walk for water. The more people that you can gather to join you, the better it will be, but remember: a small group of people can make a difference.
- Set the challenge. Can each individual gather a certain amount of donations? $20, $50, maybe $100! Remind them that through H2O for Life, their dollars are matched by the implementing NGO organization, doubling the amount raised.
- Choose a school from our partner list:: http://www.h2oforlifeschools.org/partnership-information/available-schools/public-schools/ OR you may donate proceeds to a "school in need".
- Plan your walk with the help of our walk guide that is available online. You'll find flyers for the event, pledge sheets and a guide that will provide tips for creating an amazing event.
- walk guide: http://www.h2oforlifeschools.org/resources/curriculum/walk-guidlines/
- Pick a date and have a great time while raising funds that will change lives for students in your partner school!
- Take photos and write a short story about your event that we will share with our facebook and website followers. We love to publicize success!
- Would you like to order t-shirts? We can help you with that. Please contact us at: email@example.com We work with a company that will provide affordable t-shirts for your walk.
READ the story about a school that participated in a walk last school year!
Can't walk between March 22- April 22? Not to worry! Schedule your walk before the end of the school year, and help a school receive water! Every dollar makes a difference. Be part of the solution!
Make it part of your school year to organize a walk for water every year!
The solution is within our reach, and we CAN make it happen!